Re: tell 7.2 kickstart 'skip package'

On Wed, 16 Jan 2002, Brian K. Jones wrote:

> I had a box that had 'penldap' on it's ks.cfg list, and the install
> failed with python 'getNext' and 'move' errors.  I can only assume it
> was trying to build the RPM transaction and found a misspelled
> 'openldap', which obviously doesn't exist as a package.

I had this problem yesterday and spent some time trying to find out what
was wrong.  I lodged a bug in buzilla with as much detail I could find.

The bug appears to be in "kickstart.py" in the function
setPackageSelection.  My guess at a solution would be to change
"setPackageSelection" in class KickStartBase, approximately line 840 of
kickstart.py to look something like:

  # Note that this assumes setGroupSelection() is called after
  # setPackageSelection()
  def setPackageSelection(self, hdlist):
    for pkg in hdlist.keys():
        hdlist[pkg].setState((0, 0))

    for n in self.packageList:
        try:
            hdlist[n].select()
        except KeyError:
            log("Package %s requested in ks.cfg not found in the list of
available packages",n)

Note, this hasn't been tested any more than the fact that I just typed it
in to my email client.  Use at your own risk.  If it summons demons from
beyond space time, they're your problem not mine :)  I'm sure someone at
Redhat could perhaps propose a better solution?

I'm still getting to grips with kickstart and anaconda, so forgive me if
I've missed something rather important here.