What is up with Redhat?

Ok, can someone from redhat answer this question? Why is Redhat changing the
way Unix/Linux works?

For instance....this new alchemist system they are forcing upon us. For a
long time we could never get our printing system to work on our machines.
What we were doing was creating a printcap file(supposedly just a printcap
file) using the rh printer xconfig program. When we would copy the printcap
file that we just created to other 7.1 machines the printing would never
work. Until after doing alot of troubleshooting we figured out that we would
have to copy the local.adl file from the alchemist directory to each machine
as well... This is a pain!

I also see in RH 7.2 something that is starting to form called libuser.conf
that from the looks of it will be put into alchemist format.

Why doesn't RH stay with the normal way of doing things with unix and not
try to change?

I guess I'm just ranting...thank you for listening. :-)

-Brent