From: Taylor, ForrestX [mailto:forrestx.taylor@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2002 1:58 PM
To: 'kickstart-list@xxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: RE: next problem (http retrieval)

> oops, looks like I spoke too soon -- I am not seeing any hits in the
> webserver log as a result of attempting this kickstart.... so
> it's not even
> connecting to the webserver....
>
> I changed the URL line in my ks.cfg to this:
>
> url --url http://10.9.5.72:8080/kickstart
>
> Under the kickstart directory on that webserver is mounted
> disk 1 of the
> RedHat 7.2 distribution (i.e.
> http://10.9.5.72:8080/kickstart/RedHat/ is a
> valid directory).
>
> The third VT now adds the following lines to the log of what loader is
> trying to do, right after it sets the hostname)
>
> * url address 10.9.5.72:8080
> * url prefix /kickstart
> * copying file to fd 11
> * wrote 7 339549 bytes
> * transferring
> http://10.9.5.72:8080//kickstart/RedHat/base/netstg1.img to a
fd

Here it is trying to get the netstg1.img from the location that you gave it.
It cannot get it, so it tries this:

> * transferring
> http://10.9.5.72:8080//kickstart/disc1/RedHat/base/netstg1.img to a fd

> and then on the main VT I get an error dialog that says

> "File /kickstart/RedHat/base/netstg1.img not found on server."

> John

My guess is that it is the :8080 port that is failing.  Can you try it on
the standard port 80?  Also, you need to have both discs mounted, and
apparently the loader will check for disc1/ and disc2/ in the directory that
you give.

Forrest