From: Ian Leonard [mailto:ileonard@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, December 14, 2001 10:44 AM
To: kickstart-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Dealing with missing disks

Hello,

On the product I am working on, there may be a variable number
of disks installed.

If I specify a part command for a disk that isn't installed, the loader
just crashes. The docs suggest there should simply be an error on
vt3.

I could run a script in the post install section, but it would take a
long time to run and not show a progress bar.

Any ideas for a better solution would be appreciated.

--
Ian Leonard
eMail: ileonard@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Please ignore spelling and punctuation - I did.