Re: Sound configuration?

> Is it expected behavior that sound cards are not detected and
> configured as part of a kickstart install?  Is it even currently
> possible to do so?  I've always had to run sndconfig after a reboot,
> and I'd really like to have it done automatically as part of a
> kickstart install, without prompting.  (I'm using exclusively PCI
> cards of various types, all of which are handled by sndconfig without
> me having to change any defaults.)

try configuring it in your post commands:
somewhere after the line %post in ks.cfg,

insert either:

sndconfig --quiet

OR

i think you can manually place the config files if you already know what
they are by:

cat <<EOF >> /etc/sysconfig/soundcard
list
sound
card
info
here
from
existing
soundcard
file
EOF

cat <<EOF >> /etc/modules.conf
contents of your file
EOF

cat <<EOF >> /etc/isapnp.conf
blah blah
EOF

the above is if you already have set up the system before and know the
proper contents of those files already.
Disclaimer:  havn't tried that myself, so no guarantees

- Tyler