Weird errors while kickstarting 7.2

I'm network kickstarting 7.2 (plus updates, KDE 2.2.2 and a couple of local
packages, none of which should be involved here) and while the end
product seems OK, I'm getting some odd errors which I can't explain.

One error appears on VT1 and is immediately overwritten by a dialog.
It looks something like "... running /sbin/probe: error while loading
shared libraries".  Changing to VT2 and trying to run anything not a
shell builtin, say "ls",  gives me:

ls: error while loading shared libraries: /lib/libc.so.6: cannot read file data: Error 21

Note that "ls" works fine early on in the installation, as does
"/sbin/probe" (which looks like it probes for PCMCIA things); it's as
if the ramdisk gets corrupted somehow as things progress.

In addition, I get these errors in VT4:

<6>attempt to access beyond end of device
<6>01:01 rw=1, want=XXXX, limit=4608

(Want cycles through various numbers all greater than 4608.)

I think this is related, as 01:01 is /dev/ram1 on an installed system.

I'm also seeing a few:

<4>Error -3 while decompressing
<4>c026bba0(-1444097354)->cf7b000(4096)

This may be related to bug 55965, which I'll look into.

Any thoughts?

 - J<