post install errors on kickstart from cdrom

Hi

I am trying to do kickstart from cdrom on RH7.2. When I did it with nfs
using the same ks.cfg everything worked fine.
With the cdrom all the commands in the post install section fail.
I have copy commands, ln commands etc which are done on files from the newly
installed system, and it seems that the files are not found. also commands
like useradd, usermod and chkconfig fail.
I tried to work with %post --nochroot, add /mnt/sysimage to the file paths
and write the command with full paths like /bin/cp etc - nothing helps. I
believe it connects somehow to the shell environment being used in the post
install, but can't figure it out.
Any help would be appreciated.
Shaike Bakalash