Re: Does kickstart follow links in network install (NFS, ftp, http)?

> Does anyone happen to know if kickstart will follow links (soft or hard)
> when installing via the network (NFS, ftp, http...although I am most
> interested in ftp)? I wanted to link some of the RPMs to another location
> in the filesystem (on the install server), but I want to make sure
> kickstart isn't going to barf on it...

Anonymous ftp normally runs in a chroot environment.  It will
only work if:

    all the files symlinked are under the chroot directory

    the symlinks are relative (absolute pathnames won't work
    because the paths are different in the chroot environment).

Symlinks can cause similar problems over nfs mounts.  The files
linked must be on the same exported filesystem and you have to
use relative links unless the paths are identical on the nfs
client (not likely in this case).

Rather than try to make symlinks work it would be better, if
you can, to put all your rpms in the ftp chroot, export that
filesystem for nfs and use symlinks for your http server.
The http server can be configured to follow symlinks (unless it's
also chrooted which isn't common).

Ian