RE: kickstart problem NT4/Redhat-7.1

On Wed, 28 Nov 2001, Taylor, ForrestX wrote:

> How did you get the FAT16 partition to be 4 GB?  FAT16 only supports up to 2
> GB.  This must be the problem.  Also, do you not have a swap partition for
> Linux?

as for the FAT16-thing: it supports 64K of clusters, and if you have a
clustersize of 32 KB per cluster you're indeed limited to 2 GB per
partition. With a 64 KB clustersize however, this extends to 4 GB.
It is true that wintendo9x may not be able to cope with this, but since
this is NT, no problemo, it does support those partitions.

As for the swap partition, IIRC RH insists on having one,  while you can
do w/o one (e.g. we have a couple of machines with 8GB of RAM and as much
HD-space.) I clearly wanted no swapspace on those

kr=

                   \\\___///
                  \\  - -  //
                   (  @ @  )
 |        kris carlier - kris@xxxxxxxxx    |
 |   Freedom of speech has been suspended  |
 |          [RESUME] [OK] [CANCEL]         |
 | KC62-RIPE         SMS: +32-475-61.43.05 |
                  oooO   (   )
                   \_)