RE: kickstarting a dual boot system

> forrestx.taylor@xxxxxxxxx said:
> > Why do you put the /windows/c there at all?  If it is ntfs,
> you won't be able
> > to mount it without some hacking, so why not leave it off?
> You could also add
> > an entry in the %post section to add an entry in /etc/fstab
> for the vfat
> > entry(ies).  That way you don't have to put them in the
> partitioning table.
>
> > I don't think that you can force anaconda to use only
> logical partitions. It
> > also looks like you forgot the swap partition.
>
> It's there so that anaconda doesn't use it for anything else.
> All I really
> want is for redhat to end up on unused parts of the disk and
> not overwrite
> the windows partitions. And, yes you're right about the swap
> partition - I
> cut and pasted too few lines.
>
> Regards,
>
> Chris

By default it won't touch pre-existing partitions.  If you use clearpart
--all, it will erase all partitions.  If you use clearpart --linux, it will
erase all linux partitions.  If you don't use any of these, it will not
destroy any partitions.  Your Win partitions will be safe, and you can add
them (at least the FAT32) to /etc/fstab to mount at boot.

Forrest