Re: ks documentation and some questions

On Mon, 26 Nov 2001, Chris Rouch wrote:

> In an excellent ks custom CD document, rpjday@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx said:
>
> >   NOTE:  It's not hard to see how to customize the *existing* software
> > components, but it's not as easy to add new components that you might want to
> > define.  That's (at least for now) beyond the scope of this mini-doc since it
> > requires customizing aspects of the anaconda loader.  I'm working on that and,
> > when I figure it out, I'll let you know.
>
> Unless I've completely mis-understood what you mean, then this also is
> simple. Just use the same format as for the existing ones, e.g.
>
> 0 Scanner {
>   sane-backends
>   sane-frontends
>   xsane
> }

it's not quite that simple, since you have the option of putting
a cute graphic next to that software component, and this is where,
i believe, you get into wanting to run "buildinstall" to add a
new pixmap to the pixmap directory where python can find it once
the loader starts to run.

it may be that the default is just to have a blank graphic, but
you can see that just adding a new software component adds a
new level of complexity.

rday