Major Problems with 7.1 upgrade

Hi All,
 I am having the wierdest problems. I have around 10 machines running RH
6.2. I run a generic ks with "upgrade" as the install method, and what
happens is, the ENTIRE redhat distro gets installed on the machine. This
happens even when I run the redhat installer manually and select "upgrade"
in the installation method. It upgrades the machine but it seems to be
installing the full rh 7.1 distro(the entire 2 gigs worth of rpms). How the
heck do I fix this? Is this a bug in the upgrade function of redhat's
anaconda or something?

Should I just switch our 6.2 boxes over to 7.2?

-Brent