Re: thoughts on kickstart

> Kickstart also gets enhanced, but it has some legacy
> issues (many of them thanks to poor planning on my part) that folks are still
> stuck with.

Since kickstart is still a relatively immature product I would vote for
improving it's design and usability as a higher priority than backward
compatibility.

As long as the changes are well documented and especially if theu're in
the direction of more consistency, orthogonality and extensibility that
can only be a good thing in the long run.  Even if we have to make a few
extra changes to our current ks configs it would be worth it.

The important thing is that kickstart is already a very useful tool and
not too far away from being a great tool.

--
Ian
     ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx    Ian Mortimer