Re: Deleting the graphcial portion of Anaconda

On Wed, Nov 07, 2001 at 03:22:17PM +0000, Ramiro Morales wrote:
> People,
>
> Trying to squeeze more and more space of a copy of
> the Red Hat Linux 6.2 CD so there is enough room to
> include all relevant updates and various extra packages;
> I used to delete several non-critical portions of
> the original CD as shipped by RH.

I've customised anaconda in the past graphically (both text and
graphical before).

The source is under

i386/misc/src/anaconda

The trees dir is used for building boot disks, etc.

The stuff isn't that well documented, AFAIK.  Most of this is from
memory so may be wrong

The gui stuff for anaconda is under the iw/ gnome/ directories  (the iw
stands for InstallWindow).  The anaconda file can be edited to force the
default.    This would then need to be installed into the second stage
ramdisks and the uncompressed instimage directory.  There is a makefile
to do this either in the anaconda dir or the trees dir.  You can also
get rid of the pixmaps which endup under instimage/usr/share/pixmaps and
instimage/usr/share/anaconda/pixmaps

The best reference is the source and the Makefiles

Paul

--
"we apologise for any inconvenience" - God's Last Message to His Creation
Courtesy of Douglas Adams