Re: keyboard during kickstart installation (rh 7.1)

> > when I arrive at the partition screen the keyboard is in fact
> > of the us
> > type. Is there an option that I missed? Do I have a workaround for it?
> >
> > When the system is installed, the keyboard is perfectly correct,
> > in console mode as well as in X.
> >
> > Any clue?
> > 				Anne
> What lang option are you using?  If you are using English, maybe you should
> try French, and see if that helps.  Otherwise, it is possible that they only
> hard-coded the English keyboard into anaconda.
>
> Forrest

We always use "lang en_US" as this is the language for the system  (from
waht I read, this will be changed for redhat 7.2). Anyhow, system in french
doesn't mean which keyboard. French, Swiis french? Belgian french? So
many keyboards type, just for french... And we don't want a system in french?

But this is not the keyboard mapping. And when installing manually (text mode)
the keyborad is fine with the same options).

Is there a way to check that parameter during kickstart installation?
Is there a way to set a debug variable?
I don't care myself so much as, after having encoutered that problem
so many times I know most of the keys of the US keyboard.
But all the users of kickstart at our site! Need a solution.
Should I look in python files?

Another strange situation with kickstart is that all the files
are created 2 hours in thhe future. But after installation, at reboot,
the time is correct! I use
timezone MET
Did you encounter this kind of problem? Like if kickstart was not handling
properly some parameters at installation time as all is right when installing
interactively.

> P.S.  How is Lausanne?  I used to live in Vevey, and I sure miss it...

So beautifull this fall. Sun every day. Full moon today, or close.
As I can see the mountains from here I send a cheers from you to them.
I am not from here myself but this is definitely one of the
beautifull place on earth.

				Anne
--
 Anne Possoz   Service Informatique Central Tel : (41/21) 693.22.49
Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne, 1015 Lausanne (Switzerland)