Re: ks cdrom:

I did strip it. It came out to be:  718636 bytes. I think the old one was
644264 bytes. I was puzzled, since I didn't think it was that much bigger,
but I still could not copy it to the initrd. I was under the gun, so I did
not have time to investigate it. I resorted to the workaround about
putting the KS files in the initrd image, and using file:/...

It still is bugging me though that it would not copy over?????

thanks,

--brett

p.s. This is what I did to copy it over:

- mkdir /mnt/boot
- mount -o loop -t msdos boot.img /mnt/boot
- gzip -dc /mnt/boot/initrd.img > /tmp/initrd.ext2
- mkdir /mnt/initrd
- mount -o loop /tmp/initrd.ext2 /mnt/initrd
- cp /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/anaconda-7.1/loader/loader /mnt/initrd/sbin/
- umount /mnt/initrd
- gzip -c /tmp/initrd.ext2 > /mnt/boot/initrd.img

This is where I get the message:
gzip: stdout: No space left on device

I also tried to gzip it up to a different directory, and then copy it
over, but it still would not work (when I tried the copy).

Hummmmmm????????