RedHat 7.2

Hi All,

I wanted to share my RedHat 7.2 kickstart experience with everyone to
show where I personally got stuck.  I downloaded the software on Monday
and after doing a couple of silly things, got it running with only a
little extra effort.

First of all, the release notes explain a lot of the new and changed
things.
	http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-7.2-Manual/release-notes/x86/

There's a different bootloader, GRUB, available which I think we will
eventually transition over to for security reasons.  I didn't really like
that clear-text password in lilo.conf, and GRUB will allow us to have
an md5 encrypted password.  The ks.cfg file now has a "bootloader"
option to specify which bootloader to use and other bootloader options.

There are now two language option variables, "lang" and "langsupport".
"lang" is the language to use during the installation, and the new
option, "langsupport", is the language to actually install on the system.
I have them both set to "en_US".

Anyhow, the only other big change that I noticed is that some of the
package groups have been slightly renamed in the comps file:

	7.1 			7.2
	@ Printer Support	@ Printing Support
	@ Development 		@ Software Development
	@ NFS Server		@ NFS File Server

And I had to add the following rpms packages in, too:
	timidity++
	sane-backends

The Redhat Customization Guide lists a lot of other options available
for the kickstart config file:
	http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-7.2-Manual/custom-guide/s1-kickstart2-options.html

There are still a few little problems that I am encourtering which I'll post
in a separate mail later.

Cheryl
--
Cheryl Southard