RE: (no subject)

> I want to include the newest kernel on my custom CD. Does
> anyone know where I can get a RPM of kernel 2.4.10 or higher
> (preferably 2.4.12).
>
> Otherwise, I will have to roll my own. Are there any gotchas
> with doing this? It appears that RH does a few modifications
> to the kernel, so I am not sure if I will have to do the same or not.
>
> thanks,
>
> --brett

The newest production kernel that Redhat has put out is 2.4.9, which
includes the fixes for ptrace vulerabilities.  They use several patches for
their kernels, which most often follow the -ac kernels (Alan Cox).  So, you
could get the -ac 2.4.12 kernel, and rebuild it into the rpm packages
(someone discussed this a while back, so check the archives) if the Redhat
2.4.9 didn't work for you.

Forrest