Wow!

I figured it out myself! What a surprise?

Evidently in my quest, I had placed a ks.cfg file in the initrd.img on
the floppy.  I learned this from using virtual console two and looking
at the ks.cfg file.  I used:

cat ks.cfg | less

Then I realized that I was using the wrong ks file.

I think there is a problem when using commands from the syslinux
boot prompt also.  I haven't tested it yet but if your syslinux.cfg file
has:

append = "ks=<whatever> initrd=initrd.img local"

It doesn't seem to let you override that at the boot prompt...anyone
confirm or deny that?

As for the --opts thing:

I looked at the original modules.conf file options (mkkickstart
doesn't add these to the device line) and used those.  For example,
I see in my modules.conf file on a working machine:

alias eth0 ne
options ne io=0x300 irq=3

I put in my ks.cfg file:

device ethernet ne --opts "io-0x300 irq=3"

This works nicely for me.

I'm doing more testing...I let you know how it goes.

Mike

Michael Barsalou
barjunk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx