RE: Kickstart error

> This is where things are very confused.  I am trying to setup my
> system to get the ks file from the floppy but that doesn't seem to
> be working.
>
> I had saved an e-mail that you sent a while back about setting this
> kind of thing up, but I have done some part of it wrong and can't
> figure out what.
>
> here is the command line I am using:
>
> ks ks=floppy initrd=initrd.img local
>

> It says it can't find the /tmp/ks.cfg file, however, if I put
> the REAL
> CD in the drive it still goes into the RedHat install...even
> though it
> isn't silient.
>
> When I use my CD this doesn't happen, I get the error.
>
> The ks.cfg is stored on the floppy /ks.cfg
> I am using boot.img (after modifying it using your document)
> I burned the CD using a samba share to a Windows machine (my
> only access to a CD writer) Easy-CD creator Joliet extensions.
>
> Thanks for the response.
>
> Mike
>

> Michael Barsalou
> barjunk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Most likely the information that you got from me was for making a kickstart
CD (ks.cfg on the CD, not on the floppy).  ks.cfg on the floppy should just
work without any real pain.  You should copy the boot.img file to the
floppy, change the syslinux.cfg file and change the ks line like this

default ks
append ks=floppy initrd=initrd.img local

That way it will boot using the ks.cfg file by default (no need to type
anything at the boot prompt).  Throw in your ks.cfg file, and make sure you
have your install type as cdrom.  If you run out of space, you can remove
some of the .msg files.

Let me know how it goes.

Forrest