runroot: What does it do?

Hi everyone,

I dont know if this is the relevant list to post this question, please tell
me if a more appropriate list exists.

After looking at the various anaconda python scripts, I found that in many
cases there where calls to an undocumented and undescribed program named
"runroot". It seems that runroot is a script used to manage versions of a
distribution, maybe from cvs or something. Does anyone from redhat know the
purpose of "runroot"?

The reason is that many calls to anaconda scripts accept arguments that are
only used if runroot is present and silently ignored if runroot is not
present (like the version or comps argument to buildinstall).

I guess it has not been released because it is heavily dependent on RedHat's
internal storage architecture... if not why not realses it so that it is
easier to build different version from a RedHat cd with different comps and
version name?

Thanks,
Daniel Shane.