Re: how to mount cdrom in postinstall?

On Fri, 14 Sep 2001, Steve M Bibayoff wrote:

> So there is a way to mount the cdrom in %post ? I was under the
> impression that the cdrom couldn't be mounted in the %post chrooted
> enviroment, because it was allready mounted in the non-chrooted
> enviromnet.
>
> So, correct me if I'm wrong, but you could the following in &post, and
> it will work:
>
> # updfstab
> # mount -t iso9660 /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom
> # cp /mnt/cdrom/?whatever? /?wherever?
>
> this will simiplfy some of the ks.cfg cripts and make it much easier for
> me to write a company manual on how to create a self-install disk.

Before the 2.4 kernel you couldn't generally mount the cdrom in the
chroot environment. With 2.4, you can mount a single device in multiple
places just fine, so it should work now.

Erik

|            "Who is John Galt?" - Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand		      |
|  Linux Application Development  --  http://people.redhat.com/johnsonm/lad   |