off-topic: LPRng and printconf

I presently have a LPRng/ifhp setup on my 6.2 cluster which was installed
and configured using kickstart.  Now that 7.1 uses LPRng/printconf, I'm
trying to figure out how to prep the post configure part to configure
printing via kickstart.

I manually installed printconf and created some queues with the
printconf-gui tool, but the resulting printcap seems to be missing an
important bit of information, namely, the IP address of my printers even
though I specified them via the gui tool.

I poked around and found the if filter calls jetdirectprint which is a
python script that loads some configuration called script.cfg.  I could not
locate script.cfg.

My question is:  If the printer's IP address is missing from printcap, where
does the jetdirectprint filter or lpd find it?  Is there some other file
that stores the printer info?

My preference is not to deviate too much from a standard RedHat distro, but
question:  Are other folks like me reverting to using ifhp to handle printer
personalities or sticking with printconf?  If the latter, how do you handle
to kickstart post configure with printconf?

A note to RedHat:  GUI setups are all fine and good, but for people like me
that have to install and configure a large number of machines, the old
fashioned text based stuff is vital.  If you add a GUI config tool, please
ensure that it is still possible to configure stuff by hand, so we can take
advantage of kickstart which btw is a terrific tool.

Ken