Partitioning a 2nd hard drive

Hello All,

I want one ks.cfg file that will be able to handle computers with either 1
or 2 drives.  So, I pass a variable in my syslinux.cfg if it is a 2 drive
system.  In my ks.cfg file I check the return value of this command -- cat
/proc/cmdline | grep two -- to see if it is a two drive system.  If it is,
then I need to create one partition on that second drive.  I have a couple
questions concerning this scenario:

1.  I want the /dev/sdb1 partition mounted on /mydata   I know how to use
fdisk to create the new partition but how do I specify to mount it on
/mydata?

The only way I could find to use fdisk without user interaction was to
create a "here document" .  I have pasted it below:

/sbin/fdisk /dev/sdb << 27EndofFdisk27
1
1
8924
27EndofFdisk27

2.  I don't know where to place the logic to do the partition on the 2nd
drive.
    -- in the post section, I checked the return value of the cat command
and used an if statement.  I mounted an NFS server and copied over  the
here document that will do an fdisk and create a partition on /dev/sdb.
This seems to work but when I reboot I get a kernel panic error -- "Kernel
panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 08:0a"
-- in the command section where other partitions are created, if I do an if
statement here with the cat /proc/cmdline statement in the %pre section I
get an Anaconda error.  Or if I place the cat /proc/cmdline statement in
the partition section the cat command is not recognized.
-- in the pre section, I put the cat statement and the commands from the
here document in the pre section, I then see a message that says
"/tmp/ks-script, syntax error, unexpected end of file".  It continues on
and when I reboot I get a kernel panic

Any suggestions or thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!  I'm not even
sure if I'm on the right track........
Rebecca