Drive geometry detection problems

Has anyone seen Kickstart (or Anaconda I guess) stop dead in
its tracks when it finds a disk with a strange disk geometry?

It seems that Anaconda wants to completely stop the entire
hands-free installation because it detects 2 disks that have
different geometries from what its kernel is expecting. Now,
I have no idea how a machine that would have Kickstarted
perfectly before would just change disk geometries, but Anaconda
seems to think it has. Is there some way to make Anaconda
either ignore the geometry issue (and thus not drop into
Disk Druid, which totally makes Kickstart useless at that point)
or assume the disks aren't there?

Claude Johnson
Network Scientist
Avamar Technologies