Re: Building a merged 7.1 distribution (with updates)

A alternative view to this:

I used to make "merged" NFS distributions, but have given up on it.  I got
bitten with 6.2 when they updated the rpm manager itself and then required
that subsequent updates required rpm 4.0.2 to install.  At some point, I
could not get my kickstart build to work anymore.

I have since resorted to doing it the RedHat way, ie., install from a
pristine image of the CD distribution, then update the installation from an
update directory.

Just my 2 bits on the topic.