Minix filesystem mount

Hi,

Here's my problem: I have to build (and maintain) a
linux cluster. At the moment I'm working on a
kickstart file for the cluster nodes. All nodes are
identical. Because the nodes don't have a floppy or a
cdrom, but they are pre-installed with a linux
version, I opted to create a small MINIX partition in
the beginning of the disk that holds a patched version
of the redhat boot disk ( added support for my network
card ). I.e. it holds vmlinuz and initrd. Adding a
lilo entry that runs this vmlinuz with the ks option
makes for a pretty easy way to
install/reinstall/upgrade the machines. I had to use
Minix, 'cause clearpart --linux destroys all other
linux partitions. BUT, and here is the catch: in %post
I try to update lilo.conf so it finds the bootdisk
again. Unfortunately the bootdisk doesn't support
Minix, so running 'lilo' doesn't find/install the
kickstart lilo entry.

I have not been able to find a minix.o module for the
BOOT kernel to put in the initrd file, and I would
rather not recompile the boot kernel, is there another
option? Perhaps there is a way to tell kickstart to
leave a certain partition in peace, so I can change it
to ext2.

Thanks in advance,

Wim