Re: kickstart 7.1 vs kickstart 7.0

On Fri, 01 Jun 2001, Chris Geddings wrote:

> > 2) There is no subtree Redhat/instimage anymore. I guess that now
> >    it is done with the 2 anaconda rpms. Am I right?
> >
> The stuff that was RedHat/instimage is tucked away in an ext2
> filesystem image called "stage2" in RedHat/base. Though from what I've
> been seeing, its probably intended to use the anaconda runtime rpms to
> build custom installs.

I think I am stuck with 7.0 because I need to be able to install on
machines with 16M RAM. Looking at the anaconda source RPMs, there is
a hard-coded limit of 20Meg minimum RAM.

* Why is this ?
  Is it because of the framebuffer code in the kernel ?
  Is it because of the "stage2" image issue above ?
  It seems that RH7.0 also needs stage2.img for a CD install ?
  Is it a duplicate of the instimage nfs mount ?

I would love to move on to anaconda 7.1. Can I do that in 16 Meg
somehow ?

Cheers,   Andy!