Re: base/comps order?

> There is a circular dependency between openafs and openafs-kernel. I can
> install them both via rpm with the --nodeps --force but I want to insert
> them into the RH distro and install them (along with other rpms) as a
> group from my kickstart file.
>
> My question is how does one note dependencies in the RedHat/base/comps
> file? I see that there are number labels in front of groups. Some
> sub-groups have '?'s infront of them. How do you handle dependencies in
> this file?

you don't want to do anything like this in comps. Comps lists package
groups, it does NOT handle dependencies in ANY WAY. it can be nice to sort
things out so certain options will only get pulled in if something else is
selected but otherwise you should not look to comps to handle depends at
all.

if you list the dependency problems on installing these packages it would
be more helpful.

-sv