Re: Netboot Installation?

SJ> Has anyone netboot'd a kickstart installation via bootp/tftp before?

Yes.  It works pretty well.

SJ> I've got 22 machines that don't have a floppy or cdrom and need to
SJ> kickstart them.

I recently did the same; as long as you have the appropriate hardware and a
server running a few tools, you shouldn't have any problems.

Recently (two weeks ago) a HOWTO was posted here:

http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~alfw/PXE-Kickstart/

SJ> The nic is an Intel eepro 100 and supports network boots?

It needs to be recent enough (or be upgraded to recent firmware), and some
motherboards with this NIC built in do not support PXE.

 - J<