Update kernel for anaconda images (6.2)

I've got a modified RH 6.2 + updates tree with modified anaconda (more
install classes, edit comps for openssh by default, etc).  Which is
working fine.

I need to update the boot/bootnet images to a 2.2.19 kernel for certain
hardware spec's.  (HP LPr's) I'm using the stock kernel images although
I may end up brewing my own with various extra drivers (fibre channel
emulex).

I've gone into i386/misc/src/trees and run a make all to rebuild the
tree, images, etc.  I'm having problems with some stuff:

1) rpmmodule.so (fixed that using updates and editing Makefile for
anaconda to ignore the dir)
2) module dependancies trees/updmodules complains about:

Computing network/modules dependencies... depmod: *** Unresolved symbols
in nfs.o
depmod:         lockd_up
depmod:         lockd_down
depmod:         nlmclnt_proc
done.
Balling network/modules modules... done (saved 812k)
Computing ../../../RedHat/instimage/modules dependencies... depmod: ***
Unresolved symbols in nfs.o
depmod:         lockd_up
depmod:         lockd_down
depmod:         nlmclnt_proc
depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in parport_cs.o
depmod:         parport_pc_ops
done.
Balling ../../../RedHat/instimage/modules modules... done (saved 2280k)
Computing pcmcia/modules dependencies... depmod: *** Unresolved symbols
in nfs.odepmod:         lockd_up
depmod:         lockd_down
depmod:         nlmclnt_proc
depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in parport_cs.o
depmod:         parport_pc_ops
depmod:         parport_register_port
depmod:         parport_unregister_port
depmod:         parport_proc_register
depmod:         parport_proc_unregister
depmod:         parport_quiesce
done.

I'm most concerned about the nfs modules anyone got any hints tips?

Also does the trees/Makefile actually make the bootnet and boot img
because when I mount them on loopback the kernel is

 2.2.14-5.0BOOT (root@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) #1 Tue Mar 7 20:31:32 EST

But the modules.cgz is 2.2.19

Sure this is a faq but can't find anything

Paul

--
"we apologise for any inconvenience" - God's Last Message to His Creation
Courtesy of Douglas Adams