RE: NFS install and installing rpms in %post

> I have a couple of questions. I just started using
> kickstart, so I apologize if it is elementary.
>
> 1) I wanted to install the new glibc rpms (common and
> profile) with kickstart. I made a new CD, and added
> these, but it is not getting installed (actually, it
> is glibc-common which isn't getting installed). I
> looked at the log (F3, F4, etc) and it looks like the
> rpm can not install it. So, I decided to add this to
> the %post section of the install. However, when I try
> to do this, it is not working either. How do I
> reference the install CD during the install? I tried
> /tmp/cdrom, but it does not work.

The CD can be referenced at /mnt/source.  This must be referenced outside of
the chroot environment, so put it in a %post --nochroot.

On Redhat 7.1, I have both %post and %post --nochroot, but I'm not sure if
it will work on RedHat 7.0.  I do this:

%post
commands ...

%post --nochroot
cp /mnt/source/extra/files /mnt/sysimage/root
(the new file system is mounted under /mnt/sysimage--you cannot simply put
/root outside of the chroot environment).

I usually but something in root's .bash_profile that runs a script
installing everything that I want (such as glibc-common) when root logs in.
The last line of the script replaces .bash_profile with the original one.
Let me know if you need any help with this.

> 2) I wanted to do a NFS install in the kickstart file
> (I will boot from floppy, but install via NFS).
> However, I get an error, saying that it could not find
> the install method in the kickstart file. I used:
>
> nfs --server my-server-ip --dir /location/of/rh-tree
>
> Does the install method have to be in a certain order
> in the KS file?

Did you use the bootnet.img file to make the floppy?  Where did you put
ks.cfg?  I use that same syntax for my kickstart, and it works fine.  I
don't think that it has to be in a certain order.  Make sure that you can
mount the ip/directory from a running Linux box, to ensure you have the
proper permissions, etc.  Make sure that you can export it from the IP
address that the client machine will use.