From: Seth Alford [mailto:sethal@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: den 22 juni 2001 06:45
To: kickstart-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: post installation scripts

--- Peter Lewandowski <Peter.Lewandowski@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Hi again..
>
> Thanks for the help Wouter. I got that part working
> now.
>
> The kickstart installation doesn't halt now, but I
> still haven't succeded
> with the copying part. I want to copy a directory
> from the installation CD
> to the /root directory. my guess was to do:
>
> %post --nochroot
> cp -rfp /mnt/source/extra/ /root/
>
> The error message I get is: /mnt/source/extra: no
> such file or directory.
> But from the console (during the installation) I am
> able to copy (using the
> command above) the directory to /root. my question
> is what is the path to
> the cdrom within the kickstart file? Or how can copy
> the directory from the
> cdrom to the harddrive.

I know that you mentioned /mnt/sysimage/root
previously
in this thread.  But, let me ask a stupid question
anyway.  You're talking about copying from
/mnt/source/extra to /mnt/sysimage/root/, right?

This sort of thing does work for me.  Here's a
fragment of my kickstart file that I used with
RH 7.0 (sorry for the word wrap:)

%post --nochroot
cp /mnt/source/RedHat/RPMS/glibc-common*rpm
/mnt/sysimage/tmp

Further down in the kickstart file, I had another,
non-chrooted %post script, which did something like:

cd /tmp
rpm -ivh glibc-common*rpm

You might ask why I was doing this.  Why not
just include the glibc-common in the %packages
list?  I tried, but as I recall, rpm complained
about a missing link, and wouldn't install
glibc-common correctly.  It worked after everything
else was installed.  The glibc-common rpm was
from RedHat's Errata page, and was intended for
installation on already installed systems.

--Seth
sethal@xxxxxxxxx