I need MORE :)

I have a need to dynamically generate the ks.cfg file.

I want to get my ks.cfg file from a web server, specifically one which is
running a CGI application.  Based on the info supplied, the appropriate
ks.cfg file would be created.

Stuff that needs to be allocated on the fly?

hostnames - reflective of the department and usage, maybe with a part of
the IP

IP information - some units are /24, some /23 and different types of
machines need to have different subnets, twin tails etceteras

Package selections - some units must connect to big databases, and need
client drivers, others don't, still others might be running some sort of
java

passwd/shadow files need to differ from department to department (root
passwords must differ between test/dev/admin etc.)

Now, I've got a CGI script that will build an appropriate ks.cfg file, but
I can't figure out how to make the booting naked client fetch it.

Can someone point me to a resource that I can tweak to read (at boot) a
line like:

linux ks=http://some.machine.my/cgi-bin/script?test&serverA

this would be most appreciated.

Otherwise, I need some sort of kludge to make my farms and pristine
environments...  Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance,

0d0 - odo@xxxxxxxxx