Re: >really< hands-off install

On Thu, 14 Jun 2001, ext Seth Alford wrote:
> --- "Matilainen Panu (NRC/Helsinki)"
> <panu.matilainen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > RHL7 has problems with kickstart files on the
> > initrd: it never executes
> > the %post script. At least I never got it to work
> > (and sorry didn't have
> > time back then to really test it to file it to
> > bugzilla)
> >
> > Haven't tried with 7.1 yet though...
> >
> > 	- Panu -
> >

> Ummm, it works for me.  One thing I found helpful
> is to have the post-install script echo some messages.
> That way I knew that it was running.  I can't remember
> whether these go to the main console screen, or the
> alt-f2 console, or to /tmp/ks-script.log.
>
> I also put the %post scripts as the
> very last things in the file.

Sure ... the same exact kickstart file worked (and echoed lots of stuff
etc) just fine when using either nfs-install or ks=floppy. And it
certainly found the kickstart file from the image since only thing that
didn't get run was the %post section.

The only "strange" thing in the %post was that it started without doing
chroot, did some tricks (which work fine elsewhere) and then went back to
the normal chrooted env.

> If you know python, it's possible to have use pdb
> to stop python at the point that it's running the
> script.  Look at kickstart.py, in the Script class.

Unfortunately I've just about zero knowledge about python :(

	- Panu -