Re: >really< hands-off install

Erik, et al --

...and then Erik Troan said...
% On Wed, 13 Jun 2001, David T-G wrote:
%
% > So now I'm ready to go and I just realized that I have no idea where I
% > should put the ks.cfg file.  Does it go in / or /boot or ...?
%
% Put the kickstart on the initrd image and use "ks=file:/path/to/file"

Hmmm...  That makes sense, but

- how do I mount the initrd image?  My loopback mount attempts failed:

  $ sudo mount /boot/initrd.img-kickstart -t ext2 -o loop=/dev/loop0
  /mnt/mnt
  mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/loop0,
         or too many mounted file systems
  $ ^ext2^msdos
  sudo mount /boot/initrd.img-kickstart -t msdos -o loop=/dev/loop0
  /mnt/mnt
  mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/loop0,
         or too many mounted file systems

- I thought that ks= was for anaconda; how do I specify that in my lilo
  config?

  $ tail -7 /etc/lilo.conf

  image=/boot/vmlinuz-kickstart
          label=kickstart
          initrd=/boot/initrd.img-kickstart
          read-only
          root=/dev/sda1

%
% Erik

TIA

:-D
--
David T-G                       * It's easier to fight for one's principles
(play) davidtg@xxxxxxxxxxx      * than to live up to them. -- fortune cookie