Docs

I'm sure this has been asked before but....

Is there any documentation on how to build a bootable kickstart image
from scratch? That is to say the whole partition including manual
insertion of the kernel and any kickstart support files (NOT by simply
copying the install floppy images off the CD).

The reason is we need to build IDE disks with a leading bootable
kickstart partition which will use DHCP and kickstart from the network.
The area behind (past) the leading bootable partition will be loaded
with a complete RedHat 7.1 install and then lilo will be run to make
that the primary boot partition. Essentially we're seeding the disks
with a kickstart image so that in the future we can net install them
without peripherals (actually they're going to be pre-burned that way by
our vendor).

The issue is we need to do the network kickstart from wireless Aironet
card that is on a PCMCIA ISA board and thus requires PCMCIA modules to
be loaded first, then Aironet drivers, and then the ethernet brought up.
I highly doubt the default network boot image would be sufficient here
(though I admit I haven't tested it).

Anything you can suggest would help. If I'm approaching this from the
wrong direction feel free to let me know (not that holding back seems to
be much of a problem on this list!).

Thanks,

			- Matt

Matt Fahrner					2 South Park St.
Manager of Networking				Willis House
Burlington Coat Factory Warehouse		Lebanon, N.H.  03766
TEL: (603) 448-4100 xt 5150			USA
FAX: (603) 443-6190				Matt.Fahrner@xxxxxxxx