Re: kickstart and YP domain setup

YZ --

...and then yiping@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx said...
% Please note that enabling NIS using auth directive may cause interference
% later on for %post scripts (at least that 's the case with Redhat 6.2)
% because a nsswitch.conf file is installed into /etc dir and if you try to
% configure some accounts in %post scripts, it would try to contact NIS server
% and fail miserribly !

Ahhh...  Thanks!  Even though David said that he doesn't see that under
7.x, I still do not have all of my mount and %post stuff nailed down (now
I cannot even use a here script to update resolv.conf; *sigh*), and I can
certainly try taking that out for now.

I had originally had

  auth --nisdomain calix.com --nisserver petuxi02 --useshadow --enablemd5

in my ks.cfg file and things worked well; I then added

  --enablenis

as well as played with a bunch of other stuff and now things are flaky
(but they could be all unrelated; I haven't been taking terribly good
notes, much less using rcs).  My question is: do you mean to remove the
enablenis flag from the auth line or to get rid of the nis auth line
entirely?

%
% My work around is to manually configure NIS at the end of your %post
% scripts.  I had a post on this list a while back on this problem.

I've been quietly subscribed for a while, so I'll look for it.

%
% YZ

Thanks!

:-D
--
David T-G                       * It's easier to fight for one's principles
(play) davidtg@xxxxxxxxxxx      * than to live up to them. -- fortune cookie