RE: problem with kickstarting NIS clients

 > > > I am seeing some problems during kickstarting  NIS clients. More
 > > > specifically, nsswitch.conf is interfering with subsequent %post
scripts
 > > > commands.  This is with Redhat 6.2.
 > > >
 > > > I used following ks.cfg directive to configure my NIS client:
 > > >
 > > > auth --useshadow --enablemd5 --enablenis --nisdomain mydomain
--nisserver myserver

 > auth --useshadow --enablemd5 --enablenis --nisdomain domain.name
--nisserver server.name

 > works just fine here.

The initial comment was that the problem is during %post processing.
During %post, the
running operating system is the one booted from the kickstart floppy.
Not the one
configured by the "auth" line above. It is to be assume that NIS is not
yet available
(unless you've modified bootnet.img).

During the kickstart install, you cannot anticipate using NIS.