LILO problem

I am having problem with my kickstart installation.... I have tried
everything and I just don't understand what is going wrong.

I am messing around with kickstart... and I finally got a kickstart using
NFS and DHCP working.  I ran this a couple of times tweaking things here and
there. Everything worked fine.... I was able to run the kickstat and then
pop out the floppy and reboot Linux off the HD several times...  Then I did
it again and the boot process stopped at L....

Anyway I messed with this awhile and couldn't get anywhere so I wondered if
it was the HD.  So I put in a virgin  identical one in (I have a bunch of
these things....Western Digital ATA 100 20Gig 7200 RPM).  Ran the kickstart
install .... no problem everything works. Run kickstart... then boot off the
hard disk no problem.... So I keep tweaking....running the kickstart
install... Until all the sudden I get the dreaded LI... prompt this time...
So I start doing the usual lilo stuff....

I boot up off the redhat rescue over the network rerun lilo and still I get
LI... I can run the kickstart all day long and still get this.

Attached are my kickstart.cfg file and the lilo.conf that kickstart is
generating and output from fdisk...

In addition I have zeroed the hard drive using the Western Digital HDs using
their utilities and run their diagnostics against them and everything is ok.

My box setup is a dual smp PIII  with onboard ATA100 controller. 1 Western
Digital 20 G ATA100 7200 rpm disk w floppy and no cdrom.

I am stumped and I am starting to wonder if I have done something permanent
to the disks but in my heart I know this is just something stupid... Please
help set me straight.

Thanks,
Scott Shealy

lilo.conf:
boot=/dev/hda
map=/boot/map
install=/boot/boot.b
prompt
timeout=50
linear
default=linux

image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.2.14-5.0smp
	label=linux
	read-only
	root=/dev/hda5

image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.2.14-5.0
	label=linux-up
	read-only
	root=/dev/hda5

parition setup(setup by kickstart)

/dev/hda1	*	1	3	24066		83 	Linux
/dev/hda2		4	2434	195227007+	5	Extended
/dev/hda5		4	67	514048+		83	Linux
/dev/hda6		68	84	136521		82	Linux swap

kickstart cfg file:
### Language Specification
#lang ru_RU.KOI8-R
lang en_US

### Network Configuration
network --bootproto dhcp
#network --bootproto static --ip 192.168.0.1 --netmask 255.255.254.0
--gateway 192.168.0.1 --nameserver 192.168.0.254

### Source File Location
#cdrom
nfs --server 10.10.0.1 --dir /mnt/cdrom

### Ethernet Device Configuration
#device ethernet wd --opts "io=0x280, irq=3"

### Keyboard Configuration
### Will get set to 'us' by default
### if nothing specified in /etc/sysconfig/keyboard
keyboard us

### Partitioning Information
### Whether to clear out the Master Boot Record (yes/no)
### Which partitions to format (--linux/--all)
###      --linux - only format existing linux partitions
###      --all   - format all existing partitions
### Which partitions to set up on new system as well
### as size of those partitions
#zerombr yes
clearpart --all
part /boot --size 16
part / --size 500
part swap --size 127
#part raid.0 --size 80
#part raid.1 --size 80
#raid swap raid.0 raid.1 --level 1 --device md0
install

### Mouse Configuration
### Will only setup 3 types of mice
###     generic        - 2-button serial
###     genericps/2    - 2-button ps/2
###     msintellips/2  - MS Intellimouse
### All three can be setup with or without 3-button
### emulation
### Run 'mouseconfig --help' in order to see other
### supported mouse type and make appropriate change
### NOTE: You will need to run 'mouseconfig' manually
### after installation if you have a non-ps/2 mouse
### and are installing X, as a ps/2 mouse is setup
### by default
#mouse generic --device ttyS0
mouse generic3ps/2

### Time Zone Configuration
### Will get set to 'US/Eastern' if ZONE is missing
### from /etc/sysconfig/clock or if file is missing entirely
timezone --utc US/Eastern

### X Configuration
### Will set up system for minimal resolution and color depth;
### may wish to run Xconfigurator manually after system installation
#xconfig --server "SVGA" --monitor "viewsonic g773"

### Root Password Designation
### '--iscrypted' does not work properly with release 6.1 as shipped;
### will need to get updates from http://support.redhat.com/errata
### in order for this to work correctly; can also just specify
### root password in plain text and change it after system installation;
### e.g. 'rootpw ThisIsThePassword' will get root's password to
### "ThisIsThePassword"
rootpw paSSword

### Authorization Configuration
auth --useshadow --enablemd5
#auth --enablemd5

### Lilo Configuration
### Does not support pulling kernel 'append' arguments, but those
### can be added into config file using '--append' argument;
### e.g. 'lilo --append "mem=128M" --location mbr' will put the
### memory argument in the /etc/lilo.conf file at install
lilo --location mbr --linear
#lilo --location partition
#lilo --location none

reboot

### Package Designation
### The package names, as well as the groups they are a part of can be
### found in the /RedHat/base/comps file; individual packages can be
### specified by entering their names one per line;
### groups (e.g. 'X Window System') can be specified
### by appending a "@" in front of the group name;
### e.g. '@ X Window System'
%packages
@ Base

### Commands To Be Run Post-Installation
%post
echo "This is in the chroot" > /tmp/message