From: Lionel Cons [mailto:lionel.cons@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, January 22, 2001 1:00 AM
To: kickstart-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: neighbor table overflow ?

Jeff Jacobsen <Jeff.Jacobsen@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I'm using a bootdisk with ks.cfg to do kickstart installations using FTP.
> The automated setup has worked flawlessly on quite a few machines, except
> one.
> It appears the nic modules loads, then tries to ftp to the remote machine
> for the second stage image.
> I see "neighbour table overflow" error messages if I watch the progress on
> another virtual terminal. It eventually fails.
> I've read through many other news postings from other groups that would
> suggest it is the loopback interface, but it seems to be just fine.
> Any ideas what may be causing this error?

We've seen it here too and, in our case, it was caused by a bogus
loopback configuration, like what is described at
 http://www.debian.org/Lists-Archives/debian-user-0006/msg00172.html

Lionel Cons        http://home.cern.ch/~cons
CERN               http://www.cern.ch

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.