bootp or dhcp services

Hi All,

I've managed to get kickstart working with the config file on my floppy
boot disk.

However, I would like it if the config file could sit on my server so that
it would be easier to maintain.

I guess this would mean that we have to run a bootp or dhcp server, right?
The problem is that our network group already runs a dhcp server on our
network to provide dynamic ip addresses and I am not allowed to play
with their configuration.  So does anyone have any ideas on which
bootp or dhcp server I should run, and what the config file would look like?
I was under the impression that only one dhcp database could be run on
any given network (i.e. at least one dhcp server, and all the others
existing for redundancy).  Of course, my dhcp maps wouldn't serve the
same information as our network groups dhcp maps.

I am basically trying to use bootp to feed my linux computer a static
ip address and the location of an NFS mountable kickstart configuration
file.  We use static ips for all our Linux computers.

I've read both the information in the RHL 7.0 manuals as well as
kickstart HOWTO document, but I still can't get it right.

Thanks,
Cheryl
--
Cheryl Southard