RH 6.2 useradd

I'm trying to add two users in the %post section. The installation creates
the
users and home directories, but they can't log in immediately after reboot.
Below is the switches I've used to no avail.

useradd -d /home/user -s /bin/tcsh -u 1001 -g 1 -p userpw

useradd -p `perl -e 'print crypt("userpw", "Xd");'` -d /home/user -s
/bin/tcsh -u 1001 -g 1

Anyone have a line for Redhat 6.2, to add users that can log in other than
root?
I wasn't able to find anything in the archives or Manual that work.

Thanks in advance,
Colby Voorhees
Operations Engineer
Atlantes

This message and any attachments are intended only for the recipient(s)
named above and may contain information that is confidential. If you are
not an intended recipient, do not copy, use or disclose this communication.
Please notify the sender by replying to this message, delete it and destroy
all copies. Thank you.