Re: Problems with NFS install...

On Wed, Nov 29, 2000 at 01:06:02PM -0800, Stephen Bolinger declared the following:
> Thanks all for your comments.  Unfortunately, I still do have it working.
> Previously, I was attempting to use a ks.cfg on the floppy.  I tried to load
> the ks.cfg from the nfs server, but I get the error that it can't find file
> "/tmp/ks.cfg".  Is it supposed to be in a /tmp dir under the nfs share or is
> this just something that it tries when it can't connect to the nfs server?

/tmp/ks.cfg is the where the local copy of the kickstart resides during
installation.

> I also tried switching to a basic linux nfs server (rather than connecting
> to the netapp directly).  Still with the same results though.
>
> So to recap, I made the modification to syslinux.cfg to be:
> default kickstart
> prompt 1
> timeout 2
> label kickstart
>   kernel vmlinuz
>   append ks=nfs:192.168.1.90:/mnt/kickstart/ks.cfg initrd=initrd.img network

Switch to Alt-F3 when you get the error screen and see what's reported there.
Post the error messages if it isn't apparent to you what the problem is.

> The setup starts, prompts me for which ethernet card (eth0, eth1, eth2), I
> select eth0 then it tells me is can't find "/tmp/ks.cfg".  By this time,
> it's already leased an IP and bound it to eth0 (I can ping it).  Any more
> ideas?  Should I switch to ftp?

Wouldn't help.  FTP is an option as your installation method, but it is not
an option for downloading the kickstart file.