Re: Problems with NFS install...

On Tue, 28 Nov 2000, Stephen Bolinger wrote:

> The install begins to go into a manual install and asks if I want an NFS,
> FTP or HTTP install.

There's something wrong here with where ever it is you have put your ks.cfg.
The installer can't find it for whatever reason (otherwise it wouldn't be
asking you what type of install you need :-).

It's also been my experience that if you try to use the ks option and the
kickstart can't find a ks.cfg anywhere, it'll pretend to drop back to a
manual install but it'll fail (exactly like you're describing) when you
try to continue by manually feeding in the information.

Check your syslinux.cfg for the image you're using to boot and make sure
that you have something that looks like:

label kickit
  kernel vmlinuz
  append ks=nfs:192.168.1.90:/kickstart/ks.cfg initrd=initrd.img network

Note that we're assuming your ks.cfg is in the NFS dir above.  And we're
also assuming that you're using a NetApp filer and that /kickstart will be
aliased automagically to /vol/vol0/kickstart. :-)

Take it easy,

--
Kelley Spoon                                        Main: 210-892-4000
Rackspace Managed Hosting                            Fax: 210-892-4329