Re: reverse name lookup failed

Yes. In order for a networked kickstart to work you need to have a DHCP
server, a DNS server and an NFS server. All three set up correctly.

I don't know if it has been changed already, but it used to be that even if
you specified bootproto static, it would still use DHCP for IP address
lookup while installing, but would configure the static IP addresses in
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 in order to boot with static IP
addresses.

- Wouter.

Wouter Liefting
Curriculum Owner Linux