Re: %packages / DHCP questions

On Monday, November 13 2000, rpjday said:

> On Mon, 13 Nov 2000, Jeremy Katz wrote:
>
> > On Monday, November 13 2000, rpjday said:
> >
> > >   by the way, where would one find the latest docs on kickstart?
> > > historically, they've always been a bit hard to come by, and have
> > > sometimes been out of date.
> >
> > The reference guide included with both Red Hat Linux 6.2 and 7 seemed to
> > have a pretty good section on kickstart from what I remember.  Of
> > course, if you want what is really the "latest", you just read the
> > source ;)
>
> this was on my TODO list, as soon as i learn python. by the way,
> which RPM do i need to install?  just the anaconda one?  or
> that and the anaconda-runtime?

I'd look at the anaconda srpm instead -- the anaconda rpm contains
anaconda such that it can run in reconfig mode on reboot, and therefore
does contain all of the python, but it's also got all the compiled
bytecode, making it harder to grep.  anaconda-runtime contains the
various scripts for easily making your own boot images with
modifications to anaconda or the boot disks themselves.

Cheers,

Jeremy

--
Jeremy Katz
katzj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx	| jlkatz@xxxxxxxxxxxx

QOTD:
A large number of installed systems work by fiat.  That is, they work
by being declared to work.
		-- Anatol Holt