Re: Changes to copyfile functionality.

On Friday, August 24, 2012 07:22:32 PM Marcus Lauer wrote:
>         I submitted a patch (though not a git-patch... my bad!) back in
> January 2011 which implements #1, but imperfectly.  The overlord still has
> to send a (small) packet to the minion for each 60KB chunk of target file.

        Now that I have taken another look at the code I see that this is not
true.  With my patch "copyfile" still sends all of the data from the overlord
to the minion even if it does not write it.

        Any minions on which the file has not changed should not run the
"append" or later parts of the copyfile.  Unfortunately I do not know enough
about func to implement this properly.  So for now they do run "append" but do
not actually append any data to the file on the minion (which was not
previously truncated).

--
Marcus