Re: Func umask problem?

On Mon, 2011-06-13 at 15:58 -0500, Nick Nachefski wrote:
> I'm not using the send/putfile modules.
>
> I had patched funcd to run as a non-root user.  When I was using func to launch a custom module(a control script), the resulting daemonized process would create all files with a umask of 077.  This was the case for both async and non-async modes.
>
> To fix the issue, I just set the proper umask(022) in my func module prior to launching the process.  Kind of a hack, but it doesnât break func and my stuff gets created with proper perms.

well, I'm fairly certain some of the files are opened 600 - however the
jobthing spawner does call umask(077) when it runs something on the
minion.

that's probably where it is happening.

I'm not sure that's a bug, though.

what was the negative consequences?

-sv

ps: if your patches for running func as a non-root user are configurable
that might be worth sending to the list