Re: Func 0.27 + Puppet

Apologies to the list for the thread skip here and not updating the wiki myself.  I tried to, but sans logon was denied, then got distracted by other things at work.

Reading through it, I have a couple comments:
- I have found no need to modify anything in /etc/certmaster on either the overlords or minions
- Depending on where you get your RPM (I get mine currently from RPMForge), it may want to install/run certmaster by default.  It should be disabled.
- There is a nascent puppet module to manage minion and overlord configurations here: http://forge.puppetlabs.com/rodjek/func.  I used it as the beginning of my work and hope to push the changes back up stream to the author.  It might be good to let folks know it exists.
- I found that I needed to create an acl file in /etc/minion-acl.d with the hostname-certhash of the overlord/puppetmaster on each minion, because rather than defaulting to "*" it defaults to "foo" (literally) for the acl.

Hope that helps, and thanks much for updating the page.

;P mn

On 2011 Apr 26, at 9:00 AM, <func-list-request@xxxxxxxxxx> <func-list-request@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2011 14:38:39 +0200
> From: Jan-Frode Myklebust <janfrode@xxxxxxxxx>
> To: func-list@xxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re:  Func 0.27 + Puppet
>
> On 2011-03-30, Norvell, Preston <Preston.Norvell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> I'm interested in running Func in conjunction with our pre-existing Puppet
>> infrastructure.  Per the wiki
>> <https://fedorahosted.org/func/wiki/FuncWithPuppet> the wiki itself is no
>> longer an appropriate reference for doing the integration work as of 0.27
>
> I updated this routine now. Could you please read trough it and see if you
> agree?
>

>  -jf

> End of Func-list Digest, Vol 44, Issue 10

Preston M Norvell <preston.norvell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Systems/Network Engineer
Serials Solutions <http://www.serialssolutions.com>
Phone:  (866) SERIALS (737-4257) ext 1094